Get Real To Heal - Becky Schoenig And Gregory Owens - Food As Medicine
Becky Schoenig and Gregory Owens are the owners of Symbowl, a healthy, fast-casual restaurant located in Kirkwood and Chesterfield, Missouri. They focus on specialty diets such as gluten-free, anti-inflammatory, vegan, paleo, and more. Listen in for a lively conversation about food as medicine and how their restaurant became known as an integral part of the functional / integrative medicine community in the greater St. Louis area.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why it's risky to be a "healthy" restaurant
- How Becky and Greg got their start in the restaurant biz
- Why they started "Functional Fridays"
- About their monthly "Healthy Hour" events
- Why Becky supports health coaches, and her background as a coach
- What marketing terms mean in the food industry
- Why organic has become a big, political business
- Why terms like sustainable, ethical, local, etc are helpful when choosing your food
For more information about Becky, Gregory, and Symbowl: mysymbowl.com
For more info about Amanda or for a free consultation: