What sort of considerations should a person in the LGBTQIA+ community make when finding a therapist?
Our gender identity and sexuality are intensely personal and nuanced facets of who we are as human beings, and finding a therapist who understands and accepts us for those facets, whatever they may be, can be incredibly daunting.
Karen and Kieran use this episode to create an open dialogue to help listeners better understand many of the common terms used to refer to gender, sexuality, and romantic relationships.
What You’ll Learn
- About Dr. Kieran Grosman
- An unexpected impact of transitioning
- Avoidance VS Self-Protection
- What do AFAB, queer, and cis mean?
- Why we should consciously create spaces for open dialogue?
- What is the difference between transgender and transsexual?
- How does the trans experience differ between generations?
- Why are pronouns so important?
- What is polyamory, and how do polyamorous relationships differ from monogamous relationships?